A Brief Note about Admission and Registration: A brief note about The Deanship: The Deanship of Admission and Registration at Al-Aqsa university is considered a center for operations related to students wishing to join the university in coordination with the different departments of the university. As soon as it was established , the university had to establish The Deanship of Admi More..
The New student:
• The student pays the fees of the joining application (20 J.D) at the Financial Department and submits the financial receipt which proves that to The Deanship of Admission and Registration so as to receive the admission package from it.
• The student fills in the application- the application is inside the admission package – according to the instructions given to him. Them he submits the application and the necessary documents to the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
• The names of students who have been admitted are announced through the website of the university in the internet, newspapers and the notice boards inside the university.
• The admitted students should refer to the Deanship of Admission and Registration within a week after the announcement of their names, otherwise their admission will be cancelled.
• As regards some specializations which require an ability test or personal interview the student is given a letter from the Deanship of Admission and Registration directed to the concerned department stating that the student is primarily admitted until it is possible to conduct a test or an interview for him. However, the student's admission will no be regarded final except after passing the required tests or interviews successfully.
• The student obtains the studying seat reservation form from the Deanship of Admission and Registration. He takes it to the financial Department to pay the due fees (200)J.D in the specializations of (Physical Education , Art Education, information, computer) and (215) J.D. in the specialization (Administration and funding ) and (170) J.D in other specializations.
• After paying the fees at the financial Department, the student goes again to the Deanship of Admission and Registration to receive the proposed studying timetable.
• After that, the student goes to the Department in which he is admitted so as to certify his studying timetable and do what is necessary there.
• The ordinary student (Registered in the university in advance).
• The Student goes to the Deanship of Admission and Registration to receive the Registration card which contains some courses proposed for registration but not binding to the student.
• The student refers to his academic counsellor to choose the courses he wants according to the academic plan of the Department. He can also make any necessary modifications in the proposed courses. Then he writes the courses he has chosen in coordination with the academic counsellor in the registration card designed for that purpose.
• The student goes to the financial Department to pay the due study bees.
• Then the student goes to Deanship of Admission and Registration to deliver the registration card stamped with the seal of the Financial Department to the Registrar relating to him so that the registrar may register the subjects for the student on the computer and keep the registration card. Then the student receives a study timetable sanctioned and signed by the registrar.
Registration Through the university website on the internet:
• The student refers to his academic counsellor to fix the registration hours.
• The Student goes to the Financial Department in the different branches of the university or to the branches of the banks with which the university deals to pay the registration fees for the semester.
• The student registers the subjects through the university website by means of the page allotted for that according to dates fixed by the university.
• After confirming the registration subjects the student can take out a study timetable for the semester which he has registered.
• The student can add or draw back courses through the university website according to the fixed dates.
Note: Every student should have a user's name and a password inside the university.
General instructions for Registrations (All Students)
• It is not admissible for the student to register for any course before completing successfully its prerequisite. If the student is registered in a course different from former prerequisites without an academic exception given in advance and legally approved, the student's registration of the course is considered cancelled regardless of his status in it together with the entailed results.
• The student is not allowed to register for any course contradicting in time with another course.
• If a student fails in any course, he can repeat it once more.
• A student who desires to raise his cumulative average in the specialization can repeat the study of three courses at most from the courses in which he succeeded with low averages (less than 70 during his academic study and the highest mark only is considered in the general cumulative and specialty average.
• The Student has to study (6) hours as free courses of any specialization at the university after the agreement of the Head of the student's Department.