The Department of Networks and Communications supervises the effective processes of building and continuing development of the computer networks in the university including the processes of the equipment of networks and communications and the operations of wiry and wireless connection among the different branches of the university in addition to the protection of data and providing the internet service in the university with the framework of offering the best to employees and students in the university.
• Developing and widening the infrastructure of the computer network which is divided into two parts:
• The Wiry infrastructure.
• The wireless infrastructure and connecting the branches.
• Developing and operating the network servers.
• Data security and the protection of the network.
• Fighting the viruses.
• Electronic mail and the users' accounts.
• Technical support to the network problems.
• Monitoring the performance of the network among the branches of the university.
• Daily follow up of the internet service and developing it.